9.12.2010

Before We Got Here...

Today, we woke up in Minnesota.

Well, we have been for over two weeks now...I know, I'm behind on my blogging! Anyway, we got here safe and sound and are alive and happy...and I would prefer not to talk about the day we left. So I'll catch up real quick and talk about BEFORE we left:

I turned 23.

We had a yummy dinner at Carabba's!

We played some tennis (Ben's brother & mom)...

Made some molten chocolate cake with my little brother,

(Isn't he cute?)

Went to a Real Salt Lake soccer game in the rain with my family (below are my brothers minus the green shirt friend),

(Two more brothers and my cute parents.)

...and we got soaked. But it was still fun.

Went to a Wade family reunion in Idaho, where Ben and I went on our own little day trip (Ben loved his huckleberry shake)...

Watched a cool thunderstorm...

(Isn't that a cool picture?)

...And my smart husband graduated from BYU (yay!) with University Honor's. Here he is holding his thesis.

My family came to Commencement...and I decided to close my eyes during the picture.

We also had Convocation the next day. Why is the lighting always bad at important events like this?
Here's Ben with his wonderful parents.

To celebrate, we tried a victory slide down the railing.

Ben misses his days at BYU, but is already loving University of Minnesota.

We sold Ben's Nissan Altima. Beauty was never her best feature, but she was very good to us (and Ben, before we got married). We'll miss her.

My friends, Lindsey and Melissa, were nice enough to throw me an early baby shower! It was a lot of fun.

I gratefully received some needed baby advice,


and my belly also got measured...a little embarassing...

Here's the whole group...family and friends. Thank you to everyone who came!

Here are my lovely in-laws...
...and my wonderful mother, who has raised plenty of boys and will be hearing from me very often for advice (oh yeah, by the way, we're having a BOY)!


I also had my last day at work. This was my first nursing job and I will really miss all of the cute, smart nurses I worked with! I spent a lot of time and had a lot of laughter and even some tears over my three years there in labor & delivery...they were all so good to me and even threw me a little party on my last day.



Ben's brother, wife, and their baby (Jordon, Brittany, and Kenzie) came out from Indiana to visit! We loved spending time with them...and now we live even closer!

We had one last little hoorah with our friends at Pizza Pie Cafe, where my little brother works.

We sure will miss them!

And this is the night before we left. My family hopped the fence over to Ben's family's backyard, where we played volleyball and had dinner and ice cream. We already miss them so much, but are glad we were able to live so close to them for our first two years of marriage.

Minneapolis has been good to us so far...we have met great friends already and are just about done getting settled in our new apartment.
More to come on that later...



9 comments:

Chelsea said...

WOW what a post of events!! Looks so busy, yet so much fun. You are so cute and tiny, and congrats on finding out that its a BOY. How fun, boys are crazy but great! Can't wait to see more of your new adventures out east.

Readable Eatables said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE carrabba's. It's amazing! Looks like you guys did some way fun things. It makes me miss Utah. :( But i'm looking forward to our time here and making great memories.

Amy Baker said...

I already miss you Kristin. You are so darling, and I'm so glad I got to know you. I am glad life in Minneapolis is treating you well. I look forward to seeing some of your new adventures there. Congrats on the boy news. How fun. I love the picture of you and Ben sliding down the stair rail at BYU.

Janice Eide said...

Your beautiful blog has made me teary. Not because I am sad but because of you and your beautiful families (kujanpaa and wade). We will look forward to seeing your pregnancy as it develops. That smart husband of yours will do great in MN.

The Lilly's said...

I'm glad you're doing well so far in MN, can't wait to hear more about it.

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Kristin! You look so good! I sure miss you, girl! All these posts are making me Kristin-sick! Are you going to be able to be back in December?

Pauli said...

Hi Ben & Kristin:

I hope you both will enjoy the mid-west as much as we did living in IL, WI, & MI for many years. I love you both and pray for your continued success. I'm looking forward to coming out for a visit to see my first grandson next year. Keep up the great work on updating this blog.

Love
Pauli

Brittany said...

Aw, so sad that you sold the Nissan. It was supposed to be Zach's car next. You know, keepin' it in the family. It was fun seeing you guys!

lorna said...

Kristin - I love the new stuff on your blog, why does it always make me emotional?! Jr. looks like he's growing very well, you look great! Love to all 3 of you,
Mom