6.19.2013

Abram is Two!

(This post was written back in January and I just came across it...so I'm posting it 5 months later)

The best way to describe Abram is:
 100% pure sweetness.

I feel like my heart has been breaking lately as I realize how much he's growing up!  Since when did he have permission to turn two and start saying things like "awesome" and "let's say prayer"?

He got to have two birthday parties: one in Napa at my grandparent's and one at our house.  

Abram, you were in heaven!

-Lately, you've been saying, "Uh-huh" and "Mmm-hmm" like it's been in your vocab all along.
-You request to sing Silent Night every naptime and bedtime and you love to sing along!
-You love singing ABCs and counting; you know some of your colors and love pointing out circles, stars, and hearts.
-When asked what your name is, you say, "A-bum!"  
-When asked how old you are, you reply, "Two!"
-Every time I check on you when you're sleeping, I can't help but whisper, "sweet baby..."
-I am in heaven every time you fall asleep on my lap and I just hold you and cherish these special days we have left with just the two of us.
-You notice when I am sad "Eh sad??" and will rub my arm and give me a hug.
-You are still in love with cars/trucks/motorcycles/buses/airplanes, of course.
-You still love taking baths ("take a baff!"), and especially love taking your entire toy box in the tub with you.
-You love to help me in the kitchen--the other day you pulled out all the pots & pans and told me you were "cookin' grapefruit" and it was "hot!"
-You fetch my purse and shoes for me when we're trying to get out the door.
-You still love hide-n-go-seek (you put a blanket on your head and yell, "A-bum, wher arrre you?")
-You like to reminisce about when you got to have orange juice and pretzels on the airplane ("Eh wore juice -airplane!  Eh petzels!  Yummy!"), and when you got to blow the candles out on your birthday along with (great) Uncle Mark-- "Eh candles! Cake eh Marrrk! Alright!!"

Abram, you are my handsome, sweet little boy and I love, love, love you!

2 comments:

Kara Anderson said...

I'm so happy to see some new posts up! I'm like a water spout these days... everything gets me all emotional and I had a hard time not crying when reading ALL your posts. I'm such a sap! Abram is such a sweet boy!

I'm so glad labor, delivery, recovery, nursing were all much better this go around. You deserved it after such a rough pregnancy! I didn't know about any of that. Miscarriage scare. Wow! So thankful it all worked out!

Brittany said...

Love all of the updates! It was great seeing you guys in May. Aila and Abram are so cute!