12.01.2012

Sweet Abram

It's high time I posted a few words (update: many words) about Abram lately:

(**I tried to post some pictures but it says I ran out of storage space...not sure what to do about that, but here's my Abram in words)

He Loves:
-Helping me in the kitchen (aka hangs on my pants until I hold him on my hip and let him help pour spices in the bowl...quite the feat)
-Spotting babies in public ("Babeeeyyy!")
-Bubble baths
-Playing with and spotting cars/trucks/motorcycles--anywhere and everywhere
-Singing songs with all the hand actions--he even pipes in when he knows the words! (eensie-weensie spider, wheels on the bus, the Sunbeam song, snowman song, popcorn popping, ABCs)
-Reading books...especially my I Spy book--"I Pie!!"
-Watching himself on video
-Going to my grandparent's house in Napa--he makes himself right at home!
-Brushing/flossing teeth (...not!  But he's getting better about it)
-Getting a hold of something he knows he shouldn't, then saying "Bye!" and taking off around the corner
-Cracking himself up in his crib after he wakes up ("Eh bike!...yeah!  Eh car!...Yeah!"...then laughs...)
-Playing ball
-Playing chase with daddy after work...usually at bedtime when he should be winding down.  :)
-Cleaning up to the clean-up song
-Sitting on his potty ("pah-ee") when I go and "wiping" himself (with his pants still on--we have a potty for him but haven't started training yet)
-Helping fold the laundry (shaking it out, then scrunching it up and handing it to me)
-Doing animal sounds and naming body parts
-Stalling at bedtime (asking for water, then sipping slowly while peering over his sippy at me)
-Nursery at church
-Bringing me my shoes when we're getting ready to go somewhere (so sweet!)
-Giving hugs and kisses

Most-Used Words:
"marrrrr" (more)
"car" (car and Carter (Abram's favorite friend who's 3 and shares his cars :)
"duh" (truck)
"day-doo" (thank-you and here-you-go)
"mee-mee" (excuse me and amen)
"co-eey!" (cozy)
"boo!"  (comes around the corner and tries to scare me)
"mie" (vitamin--he loves his gummy vitamin)
"ba-key" (blankie)
"warry" (water)
"go-gur" (yogurt)
"burrbry" (blueberry)
"ca-car" (cracker)
"owie" (owie--this means he wants a kiss)
"Daddy, wherr-you?" (when we wait for Ben outside of his office after work)
"Bett" and "Marrk" (Brett and Mark, my uncles that live out here)
"eye-bow" (eyebrow...a body part he's been interested in lately...?)
"two, two, GO!" (1-2-3 go)
"wet"  (we've been getting a lot of rain lately)
"dark"
"yum" or "mmm"
"bess" (bless you, after I sneeze)
"Whoa! Eh big!" (when something is big or a lot--like giving him a big bowl of smoothie)

Favorite Snacks (most of the time he is a very good eater!):
bell pepper or carrot strips with hummus
banana with peanut butter
yogurt
frozen blueberries
crackers, of course
sunflower seeds
oranges

All in all, Abram is the sweetest little boy and I feel so blessed to have him.  He is so easy-going, happy, and content.  I love my baby boy.

8 comments:

Kara Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Lilly's said...

I heard he really chowed down on the pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. What a phenomenal eater!

Jaci said...

Such a sweetie. I love that "owie" means that he wants a kiss. :)

Danielle Van Wagoner said...

So cute! He has the cutest little voice, and I can just imagine him saying all those words. Maybe he can teach Emma to say something besides "ruh ruh" and "ba". We miss you guys!

Dave and Ash said...

Man, those are the days. Enjoy 'em while you got 'em-- they grow and change so fast.

I recently ran out of space on my blog too, but I added another author (my email/gmail account) and I can post again. You should try it.

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Are you sure he didn't say "Marrrr" as in his Aunty Mary?? I think that is what he is meaning to say! Oh, how I need to see and squeeze that boy!

Elizabeth O. said...

Hey Kristin I need an update. How are you guys? How's the pregnancy? When are you due?

Brittany said...

Glad to see I'm not the only slacker in the blogging world. ;) Let's see a belly pic! I hope you're feeling well and can't wait to meet the new addition to your family. :)