9.08.2011

Home Sweet Home

A year ago, I would have hesitated before calling Minneapolis, Minnesota "home sweet home," but that's what it is to me now...and we're so glad to be back!
A blessing of this past summer was that it made me realize how much I like it here.  :)

Here's a couple tidbits of our last days in Missoula, namely, Abram's...uh...bathing dish?
The stand-alone tub didn't have bath capabilities, leaving us with this option.  He was just small enough to fit.
So cute.
But he learned how to splash, and so the hundred-year-old, unassuming bathroom tile experienced hurricane-like waves on a daily basis.



(We kept trying to use the washcloth for modesty but Abram just couldn't resist sticking it in his mouth...so please excuse my (lack of) editing skills.  :)



Our last road trip was up to Glacier National Park.  It was so beautiful!  We had a great time.


We stopped at a cherry stand on the way up.  So fresh and yummy.



This was taken from the car on the "Going to the Sun Road."


Abram had more interesting things to look at than snow.
I mean, he did spend the first half of his life living in several feet of it.



Much to Ben's (and mine, but mostly Ben's) delight, we saw a lot of wildlife, including deer,


a grizzly bear (hard to tell in the picture),


big-horned sheep,
mountain goats,
and even a black wolf (Ben's claim to fame :)!


We stayed in a really cute cabin just outside the park.


And went on one of the prettiest hikes I've ever been on--the Avalanche trail!









Too bad this one turned out blurry.  Bless the old man who took it.


And, to finish things off, here's where Ben spent his days in Missoula:  Community Medical Center.
(They were doing a ton of construction near the real main entrance, so this was the make-shift main entrance for the summer...hence the tacky sign.  :)


Ben enjoyed his time there--the people and the experiences, which made it worth it...
but I'll say it again:  I'm so glad to be back!

3 comments:

Kara Anderson said...

Wow! It's so beautiful there! I love the editing too :) You did great. Abram is so huggable, I love it. I'm glad your back in your own kitchen again but everyone is going to miss you so much. It was great to see you again. I hope you can come back and visit soon. Love you!

lorna said...

The "bath dish" is the best...so, so cute!! Kiss that boy for me!

Brittany said...

Aw, love the bath pics, so adorable! Glacier National Park looks beautiful-I want to go now. :)