What makes a 50% Finnish, 25-week pregnant lady happy on a rainy Saturday morning?
Two words: Finnish Bistro.

It's located very close to our house in a cute little town named St. Anthony.

(The 25-week belly--before eating; it increases in size post-meal.)

Very quaint inside...
(two minutes after I took this, the place was packed)

...with lots of breads and pastries!

I got the Finnish Pulla French Toast (LOADED with berries) and Ben got the Lefse Scramble (with a potato tortilla). Both were delicious and authentic. This place is owned by a Finnish lady and I want to meet her.

And just for the record (my family will appreciate this), we passed this on the way there. How fitting.
www.finnishbistro.com
6 comments:
Oh I am glad you went!! It's so good huh? I loved it and what to go back VERY soon. We got a sugar type cookie and it was amazing! They said it was their best seller.
I don't get it... First child to go to Finland, and now you get to eat at a Finnish Bistro. SO LUCKY! Haha eat some for me, I'm sure you did:) Love and miss you guys.
Oh how fun! It's probably fascinating living somewhere that is more diverse than Utah! I love the updates! Oh and congrats on getting a new job. Pass on some of your luck this way
I am thinking you need a visit from your slightly obnoxious, though highly endeared (I am sure) roommate...me....Looks like so much fun!
Aw, so cute. I want to go!
I want to visit both of these places when I come. You are soooo lucky to have these Finnish places so close. Did you know that if you have SISU means that you have guts -- or the perseverance and determination to see challenges through to the end. Sisu is a difficult word to translate from Finnish, but that's the best I can do.
Take Care.
Post a Comment