7.13.2010

Three Month Hiatus


I am emerging from a bittersweet 3-month hiatus from normal daily life.

Here's what my hiatus consisted of:
  • Taking lots of unplanned "short naps" and waking up three hours later.
  • Trying to comfort my nauseous patients...and then asking them to share their barf bag with me.
  • Going to great lengths, when not too nauseous, to get my hands on anything meaty, cheesy, or salty...yum!
  • Surprised at how revolting my once-loved cooking shows are.
  • Expanding my waist size. Rapidly.
  • Realizing even more how patient and loving my husband is.
  • In shock that my husband didn't turn his tired and sick, yet ravenous wife in to the psych unit.
  • Staring in disbelief at an ultrasound picture with my name on it...not my patient's.
Thank goodness for modern medicine, a wonderful husband, and the second trimester!

I'm 14 1/2 weeks and due January 8th.

We're so grateful and happy!

16 comments:

Melanie said...

CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you guys!! The 2nd trimester indeed is a welcome break. Hope you start feeling better soon! Zofran is your friend! :) Great news!

Amy Baker said...

WHAT?! I had no idea. Congratulations Kristin and Ben. This is wonderful news. Sorry you have been so sick. The second trimester is way better! I haven't noticed your "expanding waist" at all. You are still so little. You will be a wonderful mother!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations!! What a surprise! It's time for you to have your own, and stop taking care of everyone else's babies in nursery! I am sad you won't be around here for me to meet your little one, but that is so so exciting!!

Chelsea said...

p.s. love the new song...love "capri" I remember listening to that song lots when I was pregnant with Bens....so sweet.

Matt and Ness said...

Yay! Congrats! My sister Alli is due around the same time.
I love this song! I've never heard it before. So cute. I'm excited for you guys:)

The Lilly's said...

I was just commenting to Grandma the other day that Ben seems like the perfect guy to be married to when you're pregnant... so patient and loving. You nabbed yourself a gem! Hope your belly gets nice and round before you leave next month so we can see what you look like!

Lisa Lines said...

YEAH!!!! Congrats Kristin & Ben! I am so excited. Hurray for second trimester. Yippee. I love ya.

Lisa Lines said...

I would be okay if you had a little girl on Jan 2 and named her Lisa Jo. J/K love ya.

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

YAY!!! I love prego Kristin! I am glad you are feeling better...hey if you haven't check my blog, we got some cool news! I would be ok if you had a girl on the 2nd and named her Lisa Jo too.

Kristin said...

Don't even worry, the fact that my baby could share b-days with Lisa Jo has already crossed my mind...

Benji and Aubrey said...

WHOO HOO!!! That is soo exciting! Congratulations! You and Ben are going to be amazing parents. We're very happy for you

Erica said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you! You're going to love being a mom!! The second trimester is the best :)

kbtibbs said...

So exciting! Congratulations guys!

Nancy said...

I think the should be Lisa-nancy jo!! I am so excited for you, you will be an AMAZING mom!!

Brittany said...

I'm super excited for you guys and can't wait for you to have your baby!! And to meet him/her. Do you guys have a preference? I said I didn't care, but I think I secretly wanted a baby girl, haha.

Melissa and Ben said...

Congratulations guys!! This is so exciting.