6.03.2015

Some more little snippets I've typed in my phone over the last several months...it's amazing how much Aila's vocabulary has grown these last few months!

ABRAM
"Aila, are you going to be a young woman when you grow up? But you can't pass the sacrament; only young men. You have to have the priesthood." "Oh."
Abram teaches aila how to count and say the alphabet.
Abram bday: played with balloons, played at mall (rain), visited daddy at work, requested oatmeal for breakfast and tomato soup for dinner (I added a smoothie and grilled cheese). Presents, cake and ice cream, watched home videos of him as a baby.
Abram: "Mom, when are you going to grow another baby in your belly?" (this was just after I found out myself that I was pregnant with #3)
(About a week later after Thatchers had their baby) "mom, now they have 3 kids. I want to have 3 kids in our family! Actually, I want to have 4. Two girls and two boys."
Abram: "how do we get on earth from heaven?" "Do we breathe in heaven?"
Abram to aila: "whoa, you're getting big. Did you know that you're growing each day? That's how you get bigger."
Abram disappears during dinner to go potty and comes back saying he's "Mika and abram has gone to gma Lorna's for the night. Actually for 100 and 30 and 31 days. That's a looooot of days, huh?"
Abram--forts every day.
Abram A of F memorization--he now has articles of faith 1-5 memorized and recited the 4th one all by himself in Primary.
Me: "Sorry, abram, we don't have time for that today." "But I have time!"
Abram to aila: "hi, my little blossoms!"
Abram's imaginary friends: carter, Brooklyn, moose, turtle (has had them for a long time...over a year?)
Abram: "isn't that e-mazing?!"
"Aila, did you know that you're going to be a mommy someday? And I'm going to be a daddy! So if we stay together, we'll have kids!"
After saying a sweet prayer, me: "abram, thank you for that thoughtful prayer." Abram: "Do you think Jesus liked that prayer?" "Yes, I'm sure He did." "I think He will remember it forever!"
My 4 yr old is asking me hard questions like "is there nighttime in heaven?" And "how do lions cry?"
An Asian couple walks by with large sunhats on: (abram) "are those pioneers?"
Abram: "why do clouds stay up in the sky?" "What happens to my blood vessels when my skin grows?" 
Abram: "When I'm 21...I won't be in your family anymore...I'm going to be a fireman. And I might be gone for a loong time."
Abrams latest obsession: cheetahs, since they are the fastest land animal. "But mom, are they faster than dinosaurs?" "Hmm, I don't know for sure."  "...did Jesus have a camera to take pictures of the dinosaurs?" "He didn't live on the earth with the dinosaurs. But He knows how fast they were, huh?" "Yeah because He created them. Maybe I could ask Him when I go to heaven." "Yeah, good idea."
This last wed, our bishops wife came over to babysit while Ben and I went to mutual and the first thing abram said when she walked in was, "I'm a cheetah and I can run faster than you and I'm going to eat you all up!"

AILA
Aila points to the pic in Abrams room of Jesus with children: "mommy! Eh Jesus! Eh abram!"
Aila loves practicing saying all the extended family names. Repeats everything we say.
Aila: "mean-up" (clean up) and "me-me" (excuse me)
Aila: the second we stop the car she doesn't miss a beat: "ah reedy! Ah reedy!" (I'm ready)
Aila, crawling on the floor: "wookit! Wookit! Eh wi-on!" (Lion--abram frequently does this)
Aila: "crack-crack" (crackers)
Me: "Whatcha doin, aila?" "Eh doin!!" (aka Making a mess)
Aila spotted a big semi truck outside our back window and was going crazy telling us about it--abram goes over and gasps, "a-wuh (Aila)! Wook what you discovered!!"
Aila: "Abram, 'mon!" (C'mon)
Me:"Aila, should we go change your diaper?" "Nope." "How come?" "Cuz. Eh playin'."
Somersault = "shummer-shop" where aila puts hands and feet down and sticks one leg high up in the air, then rolls over on her side.
Costco date with little missy yesterday while Abram was at a friend's house. We shared a chicken bake and she wiped her mouth after every bite and smiled at all the old ladies. She missed abram and "buckled him" in the seat next to her in the cart.
Aila: "I wanna read bear-sin bear-sin!" (berenstain bears)
Aila "um, actuawy..." (actually)
A common occurrence at our house lately--aila puts her baby down for a nap, turns the sound machine on, closes the door, then announces to everyone that her baby is taking a nap!
Aila is always talking and expressing herself.  The Pediatrician was really impressed by her vocabulary at her check up today.  Ben and I joke that she rarely goes 30 seconds without saying something or making noise...just in the last few min: "can we read on the couch mom?" "I have a little yogurt on my cheeks and nose, mom." "There's an owl and a bear!" "Nope, I don't need a new diaper, mom." 
"Mom, watch me!  Watch!  Watch me, Mom!  Lookit me!" (while jumping/dancing/spinning/running)

No comments: