July was a fun month for us.
The 18th is our anniversary and the 22nd is my birthday.
Plus, Abram turned 18 months old on the 16th!
This year Ben and I celebrated 4 years of marriage!
Ben brought home some yummy take-out on the way home from work (every place we've eaten here has been so yummy--even Chinese food is fresh and health(ier) than most),
This was our favorite beach. It's a popular spot for whale-watching in the winter.
| Cream cheese wontons and cashew chicken with brown rice...so yummy! |
and we made a fire in our fireplace and had s'mores
while we watched our wedding video and exchanged lovey-dovey cards.
I feel so so blessed to have such a wonderful man for my companion.
Here's to a billion kajillion more years!
My birthday was on a Sunday, so on Saturday we drove 35 minutes to Bodega Bay
and went to three different beaches.
We had crab sandwiches and award-winning clam chowder for lunch.
(And Abram had his first hot-dog. :)
This was our favorite beach. It's a popular spot for whale-watching in the winter.
| Examining the sand... |
| Tasting the sand... |
| Loving the sand... |
| Hoarding the sand... |
| Oh, that face! How I love it... |
On Sunday, my Grandma totally spoiled me.
I think the last time I had my birthday at my Grandparent's house was when I turned 8 and was baptized, so this was a total treat to celebrate with them!
After church, we drove down to Napa
and celebrated with my Grandparents, Uncle Brett, and Aunt Jessica.
We had DELICIOUS chimichangas and spanish rice for dinner
and Skor cake for dessert.
It was a wonderful day spent with wonderful people.
25 seems pretty old to me (I still think I'm 22 or something), but I try to use it to my advantage; like when I feel intimidated or when I'm going through something difficult, "Heck, I'm 25! I can do this!"
It was a wonderful day spent with wonderful people.
25 seems pretty old to me (I still think I'm 22 or something), but I try to use it to my advantage; like when I feel intimidated or when I'm going through something difficult, "Heck, I'm 25! I can do this!"
Abram gave us a lovely recital on his Grandma Lorna's (my mom) childhood piano.
| Grandpa imitating the monkeys on Abram's jammies. |
| What fun great-grandparents Abram has! |
We didn't get pictures of presents, but my mother-in-law sent me some lovely-smelling perfume and my mother made me a beautiful birthday quilt. I felt so loved! What a wonderful family I have.
Thanks, everyone, for a great birthday!
2 comments:
Love the beach pictures! Looks like he'll be a natural at the piano!
Happy Birthday Kristin! I totally feel the same way about my age. I mentally stopped growing at age 21. I feel like an old fart when I say I'm 25 (even though I shouldn't). The women in my ward thought I was a young woman and I was proud to announce that I was INDEED 25 years old. Only time I've ever felt proud to NOT be "young".
You have the sweetest grandparents. What an awesome blessing to be able to share your birthday with them.
It's good to see you still enjoy some awesome take out every now and then. Happy 4th anniversary!
Post a Comment