9.05.2012

Abram's Latest

-Sometimes he says his own prayers (he'll all of a sudden fold his arms and start talking quietly).  Or he'll talk along with us when we pray.

-He likes to "fake sleep" where he lays down with his blanket and rhythmically blows air out of his mouth like he's snoring (but keeps his eyes open), and when I notice I say, "Oh, my baby's sleeping!  I'll tuck him in so he's cozy.  Should I give him a kiss and wake him up?"  to which Abram replies, "Yeah!"  So I give him a good wake-up kiss (I wonder how long he'll let me do that) and say, "He's awake!" And before I know it, he's sleeping again....and repeat...and repeat....  :)

-I frequently find him "reading" to himself in his room with lots of cute expression.

-Never, ever, ever gets sick of watching out the window for cars.  It doesn't matter what we're doing; if he hears a noisy car or truck outside, he rushes to the window to see it.  When he can't see it anymore, he waves and says, "Bye-bye, car!"

-Which reminds me of yesterday, when he threw peas on the floor during dinner, and I said, "Abram, it's not nice to throw food on the floor.  It makes a mess."  He sat still for a second and looked at me like he really understood it, but then quickly waved his little hand and said, "Bye-bye, pea!"

-His newest words are plane and sky.  "Mane!!  Guy!!"

My little beach boy

Happy as can be in the sand.

Sometimes he puts my shoes on.

He loved having Uncle Josef here for a week--couldn't wait to show him the cars going our apartment...

This was a no-shower day for me (haha), but this was at a BBQ our apartment complex put on.  Abram loved the potato salad and was the center of attention.



4 comments:

The Lilly's said...

He looks like a true California boy on the beach!

JenErik said...

I love the picture of you and him! So perfect. What a cute moment to catch. He is so grown up! We miss you guys.

Kara Anderson said...

What a stud! I love learning these little things about Abram. He's the cutest! It's so nice to see Jo back in the states. Oh, and I would love to look like you do on a no shower day. Beautiful woman!

melissa said...

oh i miss you!