4.09.2012

Twenty-Six!

Our favorite husband & daddy just turned
TWENTY-SIX!


We celebrated by visiting the Foshay Tower in downtown Minneapolis (Ben's been wanting to see it)--pretty cool, but glad we didn't have to pay (we got free passes from the library!)...


It's an awesome view of the city...but I was surprised about how nervous I got being up so high!  Minneapolis really is a cool city with lots of skyscrapers.

Poor little Abram was sick!

(I thought the music on the building was cool)

We had baked coconut shrimp for dinner (Ben's request)--
Abram didn't have any but loved the tropical rice. :)


...opened gifts...


...and after Abram went to bed, 
watched March Madness on the quilt my mom made for Ben while we had 
homemade fresh mint ice cream (also Ben's request) with homemade brownie mixed in--
really unique and really yummy!

Wishing many more happy years to a wonderful man who truly lives happy, fulfilled life.  I'm so grateful for him and his example.
Love you, Ben (and Daddy)!

4 comments:

Kara Anderson said...

Poor Abram! He doesn't look too happy. I hope he's feeling better now

Jaci said...

Why did we not sing to Ben at the icecream social??? We should have! :) Your ice cream rocks! We'd be in trouble at our house if I knew how to cook like you do!

Love your Jason Castro song on here. Did you discover it while listening to Pandora lullaby station? :)

Heidi said...

How fun! We have been trying to get to the Foshay Tower for so long (actually have passes right now). Glad to know that it is cool. Hope he had a great day!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

What a cool view! That baked shrimp is on my to make list- sounds so yummy! Happy Late Birthday, Ben! Sounds like a fun day.