2.28.2012

Valentine's Day



Ben and I had a really fun Valentine's.  The Saturday before, we went to a really yummy restaurant that only uses local produce/ingredients (Muffaletta).  We had fun reminiscing about past Valentine's together...
like our first one in 2008 when he said "I love you" and I said, "um...me too...?"  :)
Unfortunately, the ice skating rink we wanted to go to this year was closed, but Ben put me on a scavenger hunt to his Valentine gift...I love how creative he is!
On actual Valentine's Day, I made a special dinner and dessert, which I always look forward to doing!

These days, Ben remains busy with school, church responsibilities, and basketball twice a week.  
This has been his lightest semester in grad school though, which has been nice!

This winter has been really mild compared to last year...I can even run the garbage out to the dumpster without putting on my gloves, hat, scarf, and boots!

Lately, I've been reading book-club books, trying new recipes, trying to make it to the gym, and am currently picking the house apart and taking a big load to Goodwill...it feels good but I'm kind of in denial that we're moving in a few months!

2 comments:

The Lilly's said...

I love your reaction when Ben said "I love you" the first time. Bet you'll never live that one down!

Jaci said...

I am in denial too! The Wades will be missed around this hood! We need to get together more before May comes to slap me in the face! you guys are a dashing young couple. Barbie and Ken have competition! Glad your Valentine's was special!