12.15.2011

November Recap

Our biggest news first...
Ben accepted a fellowship position at St. Joseph Health System in 
Santa Rosa, California!

We're so excited--it's still very surreal that we'll actually be living there, only one hour from my grandparents and a couple hours away from aunts and uncles!  Every time I've gone to CA, it's been for vacation.
We'll fly out next spring to look for housing, and Ben will start there in July.
We feel so blessed to have a job lined up for after graduation.
Abram and I are so proud of Ben and all of his hard work!

Our next biggest event in November...
we had family pictures taken at Silver Lake nearby.
After posing on a bridge, we stood up and I went to brush some dirt off of my pants.
Well, the dirt flew off.
And so did my wedding ring.
Right through the bridge railing and into the water,
never to be found again.


We went back a few days later and Ben actually jumped in with goggles and attempted to look...but the water was really murky, not to mention freeeezing.  This is November in Minnesota, mind you!


We thought about renting a metal detector, but a security guard told us it would pick up all the fishing hooks...
plus, the temperatures were dropping by the day...
needless to say, we were disappointed, but life goes on.
I'm planning on wearing a $10 ring the rest of my life, and I'm really okay with it!

We enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with the Jones'--one of the yummiest Thanksgivings I've ever had!
Unfortunately, Abram was up all night the night before, so Ben and I were pretty tired, but more concerned about Abram's continuing ear infections (we're on the pathway to tubes...)
Anyway, it was a Thanksgiving to remember.  We are sooo blessed and have so much to be grateful for!

Abram helped me look up some recipes on Thanksgiving morning...  :)



We've had some pretty bitter cold days, but this winter has been nothing like last year so far!  Ben loves to take Abram out on walks...here are my bundled up boys!



Abram enjoyed a little play date with Abe & Jane Gladwell!


Abe was really good at sharing his cars,


and sweet baby Jane was just content as could be!


We're so grateful for all of our wonderful friends and memories we have here in Minnesota...I can't believe we're already leaving in just a few months!

4 comments:

melissa said...

So excited for your adventure in Santa Rosa! I am really sad about your ring. :( i didnt know Ben went diving for it. What a man! Sorry his efforts weren't rewarded. Thanks for watching Abe and jane AND taking cute pics of them! That side shot of abram with Abe looks so much like ben. Don't even talk about what's coming in may. Not allowed. :)

Kara Anderson said...

Oh No! I'm so sorry you lost your ring :( You have one amazing husband though! I can't believe he jumped in that freezing water! That will be so much fun to live in California. I'm glad that Ben has a job lined up. That probably feels really good. Abram looking through the recipes is so cute! He's not even ripping the pages or anything, just turning them. It's good to see some more pictures! I've missed Abram's sweet little face.

Rachel said...

What adventures! Congrats on the fellowship. Sorry about the ring, that is so sad! Your family is adorable. I feel for you in the ear infection department. I had tubes twice when I was younger and now both my boys have had them (Cameron at 2 years and Thomas at 13 months). Since then Cameron has had 1 ear infection (in 2 years) and Thomas has not had any! They have made life SOOOOO much better - for them and me! Hope that helps!

Merry Christmas

Brittany said...

Yay for California! I'm sure the weather will be a welcomed change from Minnesota, right? ;)So sorry about your ring, that stinks!