Isn't that the title of some Sesame Street book? Or is it Arthur?
Anyway, sometimes it just feels better to talk about your bad day to someone...and cyberspace happens to be my someone right now!
So I was extremely tired this morning (I haven't slept well here for a few reasons...) so I took a nap during Abram's morning nap. I felt more rested after, but severely unproductive. And unshowered.
The car tried to overheat during errands.
Blow-out. On his clothes, my clothes, the changing pad.
Spit-up. All over him, me, and the carpet.
A barking rampage from the neighbor's dog during Abram's next nap (our apartments are connected so the dog was inches away)...waking him up and throwing off his whole schedule (yes, I'm type "A" when it comes to napping and feeding schedules...)
Tired of a dark, stuffy apartment. We actually got a window A/C unit, but it blocks out a lot of natural light. And the other windows in the room don't open...haha.
An attempt at a jog to feel better--but I left the jogging stroller out in the pouring rain and it was soaked.
Nursing Abram...let's just say new tooth + biting = blisters = pain.
Bad diaper rash on baby boy that I can't get rid of (though he doesn't seem to mind).
Baking sounded like a great idea....but my new recipe flopped.
And I broke two glasses.
Husband at work late.
No social life.
Poor me.
Okay, I feel better.
I know these are all very eternally miniscule mishaps.
I'm grateful for a baby with a really calm, content personality and a patient, caring husband.
Here's to better days ahead.
4 comments:
Oh I've had those days. I remembered reading that book as a child and bought a copy for those days as well. There are bad days but usually good days to follow. I love reading your blog! go eat some chocolate. It helps.
Oh no! Those days are the worst. Luckily, they are usually followed by great days, right? :)
Venting is so therapeutic, isn't it?! Hope you have a wonderful weekend to balance it out.
On a side note, we just got a new administrator at our hospital, guess where he got his Master's in Health Administration? Univ. of Minnesota!
That does sound like a book title, only it isn't a very happy story. You need some friends out there! I'll bet it's hard to meet people when you know you're just going to be leaving in a few weeks. Can't wait to see you in August!
Post a Comment