Missionaries get to call home on Mother's Day, so when Erik called home from Indonesia, my family conference-called us here in Minneapolis! It was so fun to hear how he's doing and even hear him speak some Indonesian! This picture is him and his companion teaching an English class (free for anyone who wants to go). He's the tall one in the back. :)

As a side note, we had a tornado warning last night. It kind of freaked me out (Ben thought it was awesome, though)--there was a funnel cloud in the city but I guess it never turned into anything. It brought back so many memories of growing up in the midwest with the yellowish greenish sky and extreme humidity! I remember spending hours in our basement in Illinois, with the radio on, being a little scared, but knowing it would be okay because my mom was so calm. I had a big realization that now I'M the mom that has to be calm! Yikes! I better get my act together for baby boy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment