3.02.2011

For the Record


(Our parking lot in December)

Abram can grow up saying he was born during a record-breaking, bone-chilling winter in Minnesota.
I looked up a couple stats for the year (yes, I am currently housebound and fighting cabin-fever), in case you're interested...

As I write this, it's -1 degrees but -18 with windchill. Brr.
Total snowfall for the season so far: 76.5"... (8th place for Minnesota winters ever recorded)
Most "snow emergencies" declared (specific rules on where you can park so the city can plow).

...and some memories...

Easily the worst weather I've driven in.
Our car frequently won't start up because it's too cold.
During our blizzard after Thanksgiving last year I got stranded overnight at work (along with other employees)--the snow plows were pulled off the roads due to zero visibility!
The next day I came home to everyone digging their cars out and big trucks hauling snow out of the city.
The snow plows kept me up at night while I was pregnant...and now they serenade both Abram and me at night when we get up to nurse! :)
Apparently the governor is already making plans for handling severe flooding this year.
*sigh*
Oh spring, you can't come fast enough!

On a much happier note, here's the latest:


Great Grandma Eide, he loves his swing!


He was almost as excited about the BYU vs SDSU game as his father.

His hair gets a little curly when it's wet.




I don't look tired, do I?







It jumped above freezing yesterday, so we HAD to get out of the house for a 5-min walk. This suit is just a little big, but it keeps him toasty!




Ben fed him his first bottle of pumped milk yesterday--he took it like a champ!
We are flying to Utah next week over Ben's spring break. Abram can't wait to see our family!

8 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Oh I love all these pictures. Both London and I are cooing over cute little Abram. Glad you are surviving the winter. Looks like no fun at all to me. I am looking forward to spring too. Hopefully it will be nice weather when you are here.

Jones Family said...

I really don't think he could get any cuter! He is sooooo cute! I haven't seen you for so long, I wish it would get warm so we could meet up at the park or something. I bet you can't wait for Utah, how fun!

Matt and Ness said...

This may seem redundant, but I just have to say that he is SO CUUUUTE! Seriously adorable.

Cami and Mitch said...

Brr! I have to say that cuddling with a newborn when its freezing outside sounds like heaven! I also totally remember the feeling of cabin fever though-so I hope it warms up soon for you. Abram is darling, I love the curl in his hair.

The Lilly's said...

Are we going to have to draw numbers to see who gets to hold him first? Love the pictures!

Brittany said...

Aw, he's so stinkin' cute and you look great! I would being going crazy with that kind of weather too-I thought the weather here has been bad but it's been nothing like that!

Kara Anderson said...

I officially can't complain about it being cold here anymore. Just above freezing is a good day? If I'm going crazy I can't imagine how you feel! Abram just gets cuter! Your the best mom already, I can tell :)

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Well, I've told you Rexburg missed you...it even came out to visit you! Love the pictures...especially the one of you on the couch...you are a cute mom.