It's about time I officially announce the arrival of our sweet baby boy!
To start things off, I'll give a quick synopsis of my labor (this is solely for the enjoyment of my fellow L&D nurses...I understand if the rest of you skip over this):
Well, I went a full week overdue (I know, I couldn't believe it either!). I think little Abram was just trying to gain every ounce possible to survive our Minnesota winter. Anyway, I was 1cm/70%/-2, so my OB decided to start me on Cervidil the night before, which ended up putting me into labor...Of course as soon as I fell asleep that night after the Cervidil was placed, I woke up with cramps, which lasted several hours and progressed into full-blown contractions. Needless to say, I didn't get a wink of sleep. In the morning, I was 3cm/80%/-2, after which my water broke, and an hour later I was at a 5 when I decided it was time for my epidural. My epidural was absolutely perfect--I could roll myself all around in bed without feeling any pain! Anyway, a few hours later I went complete, pushed for 45 minutes, and delivered a perfect baby boy!
Now for a few pictures...
To start things off, I'll give a quick synopsis of my labor (this is solely for the enjoyment of my fellow L&D nurses...I understand if the rest of you skip over this):
Well, I went a full week overdue (I know, I couldn't believe it either!). I think little Abram was just trying to gain every ounce possible to survive our Minnesota winter. Anyway, I was 1cm/70%/-2, so my OB decided to start me on Cervidil the night before, which ended up putting me into labor...Of course as soon as I fell asleep that night after the Cervidil was placed, I woke up with cramps, which lasted several hours and progressed into full-blown contractions. Needless to say, I didn't get a wink of sleep. In the morning, I was 3cm/80%/-2, after which my water broke, and an hour later I was at a 5 when I decided it was time for my epidural. My epidural was absolutely perfect--I could roll myself all around in bed without feeling any pain! Anyway, a few hours later I went complete, pushed for 45 minutes, and delivered a perfect baby boy!
Now for a few pictures...
and lots of beautiful dark hair
A few days after he was born, my mom flew out--she was such a huge lifesaver for a new, overwhelmed mother!
Abram is so sweet. I just stare at him all day and can't believe he's my baby.
Ben and I feel so blessed that he has been sent to us!
19 comments:
I hope I look half as beautiful as you during labor! Abram is absolutely precious! So is it true that a lot of heartburn means a head full of hair? Congratulations again! I'm so happy for you.
Congrats! Glad he made it here safely! I love all of his hair!
What a perfect baby!! I bet he has changed so much since I saw him. Hope you guys are doing well. Let me know if you need anything at all :)
Congrats, what a handsome little man! I am jealous over the hair, neither of mine had hair. And I have to say your mother is beautiful! You look so much like her! And she looks way to young to be a grandma!
Oh he is just so sweet! and you and your mom look so much alike, it's crazy.
Oh my goodness! He is so cute, Kristin!! I can't beleive how much he looks like you two! After spending so much time looking at my newborn, it is like shocking to see a newborn look so different! (If that makes sense...) I had to do that overnight thing with Caity- so not fun...I was absolutely exhausted by the time they broke my water...I feel your pain. You look really cute in labor, ps. ALSO not to hog up all your comment space...BUT you and your mom look so much alike! And my mom gave Caity her first bath too! (I don't know why I thought that was a cool fact, but it just brought back memories...) Your family is just so cute- I am so happy for you!
He is so adorable! I can't wait to meet him. :)
Congratulations! He is so cute. Sounds like your labor wasn't too bad! Glad you had a good epidural. That's probably my worry out here - not having Dave!
Congrats Wade Fam! What a cute little guy you have!
I am so happy for you Kristin! Great name, I haven't really heard it but I love it. And seriously he is just too cute. Makes me excited to see ours in a couple months. I know everyone says this, but the newborn stage goes by soo fast so enjoy every minute of it
Yay! He's so sweet. Congrats!
Kristin! I am so glad everything went pretty smoothly! 45 minutes is not bad for first time mommy! I am glad you were nice and comfortable, and you look amazing in labor. I hope I look as good as you. Lots of love to you.
So cute! Congrats.
Kristin. He is so handsome (like he would be anything else). I love his hair. I love the carseat picture in just a short time his legs will be coming over the edges. It is amazing how fast they grow. Looking at your and Mary's pictures of your newborns is so exciting. I can't believe I am going to have one SOON. Love ya lots. Oh yeah Hurrah for a perfect epidural.
Congratulations! He is so cute and I love all the pictures. I'm so glad everything is going so well for you guys!
Your mom just raved about what a good baby he is! He is so beautiful, can't wait to see who he looks like as he gets older.
Great job girl! Wow you don't look like you just had a baby in those pics. Does he have a middle name? Congrats again and keep the pictures coming.
soooo sweet! he just looks like a good natured little boy. Congrats!
Kristin,
We are so excited for the new member of your family! He is sooooo beautiful! It was good to hear that everything went well, minus the long wait. We sure love and miss you guys!
Love,
The Thompsons
Post a Comment