5.20.2010

I do know one thing...

A few months ago, before Ben and I knew exactly where we were going to move, I had kind of a "bring it on" attitude. I was so ready for change and adventure! But the closer we get to moving, the more apprehensive I become.

I don't know exactly when we're leaving.
I don't know where I'll work (I can't find a job!).
We don't even know where we'll be living (waiting to hear back from apartments).

BUT, I do know one thing. I will not acquire a Minnesotan accent.
Exhibit "A" below.

(You only have to watch the first minute or so to see what I mean! It does look pretty though.)

8 comments:

flyingFinn said...

Yeah right Kristin! You were born with it, and it'll find it's way back into you within about 2 weeks, just watch!

flyingFinn said...

Bobby don'cha know...

Melissa and Ben said...

I said the exact same thing. I've done pretty good so far about not letting it catch on!

The Lilly's said...

Oh my gosh, as I started listening to this, I could not figure out why a video about camping in Minnesota would have Hawaiian background music... then I figured out it was your blog's background music!! Anyways, I will never forget calling you on your birthday when you were a little girl living in Wisconsin. When I asked you what you picked for your bday dinner you replied, "taa-cohs" with the 'taa' as in cat and the 'cohs' as in a drawn out pronunciation of nose. It was so funny. i bet you'll find yourself saying things without realizing it... as long as you don't start talking like Bobby's mom!

Melissa said...

It took me forever to find, and then acquire, a job (it took 3 months after I applied before I started). Very different from UVRMC, but it will happen! Your Hawaii pics are gorgeous and I am super jealous!

Chelsea said...

Your trip to Hawaii looks amazing! Helicopter rides, beautiful sunsets and beaches wow!! Good luck finding a job in Minnesota.

Brittany said...

I sure hope you acquire a Minnesotan accent! I actually had a friend growing up that was overly dramatic and would go through phases where she would have a different accent. One of them was a Minnesotan accent, and believe it or not, for about a year she gave herself a lisp!

p.s. Are you guys going to visit us? You'll only be 12 hours away instead of 24! And we have plenty of room now in our house. :)

Erik Kujanpaa said...

Haha Lana that is hilarious. "Fiyamily Miyemories"