12.27.2009

IN-N-OUT N NEVER AGAIN


Due to the significant Utah Valley hype over the new arrival of IN-N-OUT to the valley, Kristin and I decided to try it out. After being driven through the parking lot by numerous IN-N-OUT employees like cattle on their way to the corral, we were brought to the window where we would receive our feed.

I ask, "So what's this 'secret menu' I've been hearing about?" One of the 120 workers all crammed into a 10' by 10' grease room answers, "Oh it's aslkdjfasldjflaskdjflsajdflaskdjflaskdjdf" as he rattles off some 90 words in 3 seconds. "Oh...okay," I manage to get out before being shuffled on to the next window.

Granted the burgers were better than McDonalds, Kristin and I both couldn't finish our pink and brown blubber shakes and our tasteless fries met the garbage before half-way gone. What followed was a lump of yuck in our stomachs and a fast food hangover for the next few hours.

Needless to say, our final verdict was easy to come by: IN-N-OUT N NEVER AGAIN!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you

Снежный человек said...

LOL junk food is flooding the world :) Great flood 2 :)))

Kara Anderson said...

Hoorah from the Andersons! We are right there with you :) In N Out is Over Rated!

Amy Baker said...

Too bad you guys had a bad experience at IN-N-OUT. All the more for us!

Lindsay said...

haha, I am from California where they are everywhere, and I agree...totally not worth it!!

Melanie said...

I agree with you guys!! We went to the Orem one after it had been open for a few weeks and I brought all of our food home (to Springville... too far away for me to want to return it) and to my dismay, the hamburgers were totally raw inside! They were just brown around the edges! Disgusting. I tried to pick the thing apart and put it in the microwave, but that just made it grosser. I ended up throwing most of it away. I did like the fries and I like that they are so "light"... but yeah. So not worth waiting 20 minutes in an orange cone drive through stretching through a shopping mall parking lot!

Lisa Lines said...

Love it! Eric and I agree!

Lisa Lines said...

Let me clarify..By love it, I mean I love your post. Eric swears never to eat at In and Out Again.

Benji and Aubrey said...

blasphemy! :)