We started out our Christmas season by attending a Utah Grizzlies ice hockey game with a couple of my brothers and their dates. Ice hockey attracts quite an interesting crowd...we just kept our distance from the shirtless drunks. It turned out to be an exciting win over Las Vegas--complete with fist fights and all!
...We made gingerbread houses with my family (plus some dates). Please don't mistake the REAL gingerbread for graham crackers...we've prided ourselves in that for years. :)
...I got an urge for a sewing project, so I went to DI and found some old sweaters to make stockings out of...but don't look too close! The thick/bumpy fabric and shape of the sweaters made it a challenge to sew, but that just gives them a little personality, right?
...I threw a bridal shower (with a bunch of help from my mom) for one of my best friends since Junior High.
...I played flute in the Highland Children's Choir christmas concert (I have two brothers that sing in it and my mom is the accompanist) and my grandparents happened to be here from CA!
...and last but not least, we've been taking every opportunity to sip hot cocoa and listen to Christmas music!
8 comments:
I LOVE seeing the Kujanpaa gingerbread houses, the creativity never ceases to amaze me. Grandma told me about the stockings you made, I think they're adorable. I really wish I could've gone to the concert, I'm sure it was amazing.
I love the stockings. It's amazing how cute everyone looks when they aren't wearing scrubs. Looks like a fun december!
Hi Kristin. I love your blog. You are such a cute girl, I like you so much! Thanks for coming over tonight and staying longer than you probably wanted to. I so enjoyed talking with you and Melinda. I needed it. You are so beautiful in all these pictures you posted (and in real life too). I LOVE the picture of you and Ben at the very top. So romantic! I'm glad we are now officially blogging friends.
P.s. I love the Christmas stockings you made. Just darling!
What a clever little sewing project. Those stockings are adorable!! And I see that one of your JOYS in last post was BOggle. LOVE that game! We will for sure have to have a game night. I am excited to be in Nursery with you. See ya soon.
Love the update and think you need to do it more often. :) The stockings are super cute! We are so excited to see you guys-just two more days!
Kristin I absolutely love those stockings. I really want to make some. Where did you find the pattern for the stockings and the tree? So so cute. Way to go.
I really, really love your stockings! You've inspired me to get out my mom's sewing machine and attempt some for myself!
Post a Comment